Solar recipe: Chili soup with chorizo
Discover this recipe for “Chili Soup” with chorizo, tested and approved with the SunGlobe parabolic solar cooker . This recipe was created by our Solar Sister Gaelle! Gaelle has always been a mom with a passion for cooking and, more recently, for solar energy. She is always happy to share her trials and experiences on her Instagram page Solliès Cheese.
Recipe suggested by : Solliès Cheese – Parabolic solar oven, SunGlobe – Preparation time : 20 mn – Cooking time : 45 mn
- can of kidney beans
- a tin of corn (or two cobs)
- two onions
- a bell pepper
- a zucchini
- a can of crushed tomatoes (or two whole tomatoes)
- half a chorizo
- one tablespoon cumin, one tablespoon sugar, two tablespoons smoked paprika
Preparation of “Chili Soup” with chorizo
- Cut the chorizo, zucchini, onions and bell pepper into large cubes. Place them with the kidney beans, corn, tomatoes and spices in a suitable container. Cover with water.
- Simmer for 45 minutes in a dish oven or Suntube, or 2 to 3 hours in the classic Sungood.
- Serve with grated cheese, nachos, chilli pepper to taste and fresh coriander for a soup that’s as comforting as it is delicious.
Enjoy your meal!