Can we make cakes in a solar oven? Yes ! make delicious muffins with a 100% vegetable and gluten-free recipe? Exactly! Exactly! It requires a little trickery, a little more ingredients than usual…. but in the end, it’s totally amazing.
For 5 people – Preparation: 15 min – Cooking: 1 h 15 – Equipment: solar oven
70 g chickpea flour (in organic grocery stores)- 50 g starch (arrow-root, corn, potato, etc.)- 40 g almond powder- 1 tablespoon baking powder (“baking powder” for cakes)- 1 tablespoon baking soda- 1 pinch salt – 2 beautiful ripe bananas or 3 small ones (= 180 g)- 70 g sweet olive oil (= 70 ml) + 1 net- 1 tablespoon. tablespoons cider vinegar- 2 tablespoons vegetable cream (rice, soya, etc.) – 80 g unrefined powdered sugar- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder- 1 nice handful of large chocolate chips
- Preheat the solar oven (this is essential for this recipe).
- In a bowl carefully mix the chickpea flour, starch, almond powder, sugar, vanilla powder, baking powder, bicarbonate, salt.
- In a shallow dish, cut and crush the bananas with a fork until you obtain purée.
- Add the 70 ml of oil, vegetable cream and vinegar, mix well. Add it to the flour mixture.
- Add half of the chocolate chips, mix.
- Oil and flour the muffin cups. Fill each mold with dough halfway up (no more).
- Add the last nuggets on top, push them in half. Bake for about 1h15, until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool before unmolding and eating.
- Muffins can be stored for up to 3 days in a tin can, but they are better warm.
DON’T YOU HAVE A SOLAR OVEN YET?
Editor : Alternatives
Forget the microwave.
Forget the plancha.
Put the fryer away.
This recipe book celebrates alternative cooking: sweet, healthy and gourmet.
In our 21st century kitchens, super-equipped and hyper-connected, the worktop looks like science fiction while common sense takes its toll in the wing.
Overpriced cooking utensils, lengthy operating instructions, systematic dependence on fossil fuels, premature obsolescence… the cloth burns!
Simplicity, trickery, a little organization, utensils that last a lifetime, some of which you can make yourself, very simple cooking techniques, recipes with onions… this is the program of this recipe book in a few words.
Cooking in pottery, with solar energy, on the wood stove, steam, with a little hot water, in a Norwegian pot… and even “no cooking” at all! Nothing is too beautiful.
And since good news never comes alone, we will cook without meat and animal products, discover some extraordinary spices, make gluten snacks, enjoy the sun, and invite all our friends to dinner.
Be happy !
Author and consultant in vegan cuisine – gluten-free