Solar recipe: Liquid detergent
Here is how to make your own ecological liquid detergent with a parabolic solar oven for an unbeatable price! This recipe is brought to us by our Solar Sister Francine. Francine shares her tips and advice on how to make all her recipes with solar cooking.
Recipe suggested by : Francine - Solar oven : parabolic type, SunGlobe - Preparation time : 10 mn - Cooking time : 30 - 45 mn
- 1 old black pan that we no longer use for cooking because it is scratched (in my case)
- 1,5 liter of water
- 50g of leftover soap that has been grated or commercial soap flakes
- 30g of technical baking soda (3€ per kg)
Preparation of the recipe
- Boil the water, add the grated soap, mix and cook for about 30 minutes.
- When the soap is well dissolved and homogeneous, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it rest for 30 minutes to cool down.
- Then add the baking soda, mix and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Then pour into a glass jar (such as Le parfait) with a large opening so that you can ladle out the lye or use a tablespoon.
The detergent will be like a jelly and should be put in the drum of the machine and not in the detergent tub.
It is very economical and ecological, with no additives or dyes.
The final price of a dose is less than 0.01€. Unbeatable.