Solar recipe : Apple pie
Here is a delicious apple pie recipe to make with your parabolic solar oven ! This recipe is brought to us by our Solar Sister Francine. Francine shares her tips and advice on how to make all her recipes with solar cooking.
Recipe suggested by : Francine - Solar oven : parabolic type, SunGlobe - Preparation time : 30 mn - Cooking time : 1 hour
- 1 round shortcrust or puff pastry
- 4 apples
Preparation of the recipe
- Roll out the dough with the parchment paper in the 28cm diameter pie pan.
- Garnish with apple slices. Cover with another pie pan of the same size or with a transparent lid.
- After 30mn of cooking, turn the mould of 180° and put back 30mn always on average oven to strong.
- If using a glass lid, it is advisable to put a light colored cotton cloth halfway through the baking process to prevent the pie from turning black.
- I tried making an apple pie in a deep pan. The result needs improvement.
- I added some blackberries but it was not a good idea because the dark fruits cook much faster than the others, so they might burn before the apples are done. This experience helped me to improve the following cookings.