SunGood DIY Kit
With the SunGood DIY kit, build your own compact, foldable and portable solar cooker to enjoy the taste of sunshine anywhere!
Advantages & features of the SunGood solar cooker
- Cooking temperatures up to 120°C
- Capacity: 2 to 4 people
- Cooking volume: 2.5 L (pot not supplied but available as an option)
- Gentle cooking: preserves food flavor and micro-nutrients.
- Unattended cooking: enjoy the sun!
- Reheats, cooks and steams vegetables, meat, bread, fish, etc.
- Transportable: ultra-light and foldable
- Can be used anywhere, without smoke or flames: beaches, mountains, gardens, boats (…)
- Quick to assemble or store: 1 minute, no tools required.
- Winter/summer cooking: 2 positions. Operates regardless of outdoor temperature.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable cooking: runs solely on solar energy, lifetime use.
Using the SunGood solar cooker
The SunGood is a solar-panel oven that uses the principle of concentrated solar energy: the sun’s rays are reflected on the mirrors and concentrated on the dark-colored container, where the heat gradually rises and heats your dish. The gradual increase in temperature in the cooking bag ensures gentle cooking, preserving the flavor of the food and conserving micro-nutrients. For optimum cooking, cut all food into pieces and place your pot in the cooking bag (supplied). During cooking, remember to readjust the orientation of the cooker every 30min to follow the movement of the sun.
To operate, you need “full sun”, i.e. the shadows of people and objects must be visible on the ground. The SunGood has 2 positions: winter/summer, to optimize the capture of rays according to the season, and works whatever the outside temperature. The SunGood can be used without wind, but in the event of a light breeze, it can be stabilized using sardines (not supplied) and/or a weight placed on the SunGood’s rear wings.
- Use only thin, black or dark-colored baking dishes to capture the heat. White, stainless steel or cast-iron dishes reflect light and won’t heat up in a solar oven.
- Place your dish in a cooking bag for a better temperature rise and to retain heat throughout cooking.
- The SunGood solar cooker provides gentle cooking, but cannot be used for grilling or boiling large quantities of water: use 1 glass of water for 2 glasses of rice.
Included in the SunGood DIY Kit
- 1 full-size template (B0) 140 x 100 cm to cut out the solar cooker shape from cardboard
- 1 full-size pattern (B0) 140 x 100 cm for cutting the 8 reflectors from mirror film
- S.Reflect self-adhesive flexible mirror film
- 2 baking bags