OMY® solar dryer
With the OMY solar dryer, solar drying is good!
Drying food and plants to preserve the best is an ancient, effective and healthy method.
Advantages & Features of the OMY® solar dryer
- Drying temperature from 40 °C to 60 °C
- Power: 200 watts
- Drying volume: 1 to 4 kg
- Type of drying: fruit, vegetables, aromatic and medicinal plants
- Drying time: from 6 h to 48 h depending on foodstuffs
- Preserves the taste and nutrients of foods and the properties of plants
- S.Réflect mirror reflector for maximum coverage
- Ventilation system: electric, powered by 1 Watt solar panel
- Thermometer integrated into housing
- Modular trays: 5 interchangeable trays (extendable to 7 trays)
- Food placement: on stainless steel grids or wooden skewers
- suitable for all latitudes and seasons
- Transportable: carrying handles
- Stable and compact: pyramidal housing
- Environmentally-friendly, long-lasting drying: runs solely on solar energy, lifetime use.
- Made in France, wood from self-managed forests
Using the OMY® solar dryer
The OMY® solar dryer is powered by solar energy. The mirror reflector directs the captured solar radiation inside the box onto a black absorber, where it is converted into heat.
This heat, preserved by glass, rises gradually. As the temperature rises, a system of natural hot air currents, coupled with an electric ventilation system (powered by a solar panel), evacuates the moisture from the food on the grids to dehydrate it.
What’s the weather like?
Full sunlight is needed to capture the solar rays needed to raise the temperature.
OMY is ideal for use in summer, during periods of heavy fruit and vegetable production or overproduction in the orchard or vegetable garden.
As this is also the time when the sun is available, it’s the ideal time to use the solar drying activity.
Which foods to dry?
The OMY solar dryer dries fruit, vegetables, flowers, herbs and medicinal plants.
Drying food at low temperatures, from 40°C to 60°C, preserves the nutritional quality of the food (minerals and vitamins are largely preserved, with a more concentrated flavor) as well as the benefits and properties of the plants.
Even in winter, we can enjoy squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, strawberries, apricots, mangoes, persimmons, kiwis, bananas, pears, figs, apples, citrus peel and more.
Scent salads and pastries with a few rose petals, nasturtiums, etc.
Let’s pick and preserve for the long term to enjoy their flavors and benefits: parsley, saffron, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, basil, chervil, coriander, chives, chamomile, elderberry, sage, etc.
Where to use it
The OMY solar dryer is ideal for use in your garden, vegetable patch or orchard.
It’s easy to transport thanks to its carrying handles, and its pyramid shape gives it great stability in the field.
Compact, it features an extendable mirror, a space for the solar panel (which powers the ventilation system) and a set of modular trays.
1°/ Prepare food for optimum drying: drain juicy foods, cut fruit and vegetables very finely, etc. See the OMY manual.
2°/ Place food or plants on one or more racks (on a grid or spit). Important: drying time will depend on the number of grids installed and the type of food to be dehydrated. See OMY manual.
3°/ Close the upper part of the box with the rope to insulate and conserve heat in the dryer.
4/ Position the Omy dryer so it faces the sun and deploy the mirror reflector.
5°/ Switch on the ventilation after placing the solar charger in direct sunlight.
6°/ Leave to dry for the time needed to dehydrate the food.
Included in the OMY® solar dryer
– 1 S.Reflect® reflectors: adhesive mirror
– 1 fan
– 1 1-watt solar panel to power the fan
– 1 thermometer
– 1 wooden box
– 5 wooden racks
– 5 stainless steel racks
– 1 stainless steel guard
– A black aluminum plate
– A plexiglass window
– 30 wooden skewers
– Dimensions of folded product: 70x50x35 cm
– Size and weight Carton for OMY: 52x42x20.8 cm and 11.15 kg
– Materials: wood from self-managed forests, aluminum plate, stainless steel, S-Reflect mirror
• Warranty: 2 years
– Made in France
– Ref : OMY-M