DIY solar dryer kit
Put an end to overproduction, dry your plants, fruit and vegetables naturally thanks to solar energy. With our free plans and this DIY solar dryer kit, you can easily build your own ultra-efficient, modular solar dryer!
Benefits & special features
The design of the DIY solar dryer offers three main innovations:
- The solar dryer is equipped with an S.Reflect reflector, which increases the amount of solar radiation captured by directing it onto the absorber to be converted into heat. Its adjustable angle of inclination is designed for maximum coverage and for use in all latitudes and all seasons.
- As the food heats up, a natural warm air current is created, drawing moisture away from the food. To adjust the drying temperature to suit the food, the solar dryer is equipped with an electric ventilation system, powered by a solar panel.
- Food is arranged on modular, interchangeable trays as required. They offer intuitive operation and a compact, portable format.
To download the free DIY solar dryer plans,
Included in the DIY solar dryer kit
The DIY* kit includes all the components and accessories needed to easily integrate these innovations into your solar dryer:
- 1 5V fan with USB connector (10*10*5 mm)
- 1 5V solar panel with USB connector (110*80 mm)
- 1 USB connector
- 1 Dual USB cable
- 2 Clamping knobs
- 2 Mosquito nets
- 3 Stainless steel racks
- 1 PMMA glass (468*417*3 mm)
- 1 black solar absorber plate
- 1 Probe thermometer
- 1 S-Reflect mirror (507*354 mm)
- 2-year warranty
*Wood and screws not included in this kit.