SunGlobe Pack + solar barbecue
Supplied with two suitable cooking pots and an infrared thermometer, the SunGlobe solar barbecue offers powerful, fast cooking for tasty, radiant recipes. Bring the sunshine into your garden!
SunGlobe benefits & features
– Cooking temperature: from 200°C to 240°C
– Power: 850 watts
– Capacity: 2 to 5 people
– Cooking volume: 2 to 4 liters
– Cooking time: rapid heat-up (10 min.)
– Types of cooking: pot, wok, plancha
– Solid: stainless steel structure
– Flexible, unbreakable reflectors
– Aiming system to orient the dish in the sun
– On/off” dish rotation system
– Healthy cooking: no flames or smoke
– Eco-friendly, CO2 emission-free cooking, sustainable use
– Made in France
Two solar cooking pots
The solar barbecue comes with two cooking pots. Their black color maximizes the sun’s rays for fast cooking. Made with a ceramic lining to prevent food from sticking, COOKUP and COOKUP XL kettles give you healthier, tastier cooking. The enamelled steel lid is particularly useful for preventing grease splashes during use. COOKUP kettles are dishwasher-safe and can also be used for traditional cooking: gas, ceramic hobs, induction.
Solar Brother infrared thermometer
The solar barbecue comes with a non-contact infrared thermometer for precise remote measurement of cooking temperatures. The thermometer features a backlit LCD display and a wide range of measurement functions from -50°C to 550°C. Comfortable to hold, temperature measurement is quick and easy.
Using the SunGlobe solar barbecue
The SUNGLOBE® Solar Barbecue uses concentrated solar technology for high-performance, healthy and environmentally-friendly cooking. Thanks to its parabolic shape with a diameter of 1OO cm, the sun’s rays are quickly concentrated in the center of the parabola and evenly heat your preparation.
What’s the weather like?
For optimum baking, it’s essential to have good sunlight, i.e. that the shadows of people and objects are drawn on the ground. It operates in both winter and summer, whatever the outside temperature. The dish rotation system offers great flexibility of orientation to the sun for optimal cooking throughout the day, with the dish reorienting every 25 minutes or so. In the event of rain or between two firings, the dish pivots in a single movement to “off” closing mode.
The SUNGLOBE® solar cooker offers a wide variety of recipes, thanks to a stand that adapts to any type of dish for cooking in “cocotte”, “wok”, “frying pan” or “plancha” mode (meat, fish, ratatouille, bread, pizza, cakes, jams, etc.). Flameless and smokeless, the SUNGLOBE® solar cooker cooks food healthily and brings out its full flavor.
Where to use it
The SUNGLOBE® solar cooker is made of stainless steel for long-lasting use. Ideal for solar cooking on terraces, campsites, gîtes, chalets and gardens. The dish is easily detached from its metal frame for optimized indoor storage after use (it is not designed for outdoor use).
1°/ Arrange your ingredients in a dish
2°/ Straighten the dish and place your dish on the support
3°/ Aim the SUNGLOBE® Barbecue dish at the sun using the viewfinder.
4°/ Readjust the cooker every 25 min according to the movement of the sun.
5°/ Finish cooking by closing the dish towards the ground
* To know more
– The mirrors remain cold, while the hot zone is in the center of the SUNGLOBE® furnace structure.
– Use sunglasses to protect your eyes
Included in the SUNGLOBE® Pack + solar barbecue
– 20 S.Réflect® mirror blades
– 20 slats in recycled polypropylene
– 1 stainless steel metal frame with flat support
– 1 viewfinder for dish orientation
– 1 screwdriver
– 1 potholder
– 1 soft cloth
– 1 manual
– 1 COOKUP pot
– 1 COOKUP XL pot
– 1 infrared thermometer
Technical data for the SunGlobe Pack + solar barbecue
SunGlobe solar barbecue :
– Weight : 6 kg / Package weight : 8 kg
– Package size: 90 x 12 X 22 cm
– Open dimensions: ø 100 cm
– Dish depth: 30cm
– Base dimensions: 120cm
– Baking rack: for dishes up to 28cm in diameter
– Materials :
– Stainless steel structure
– S.Réflect mirror reflector in adhesive-coated aluminum
– Mirror holder in recycled polypropylene
– Supplied in kit form, initial assembly: 2h with screwdriver (included)
– Easy to clean with a soft or damp cloth
• Warranty: 2 years
– Made in France
– Capacity: 2.5L
– Weight: 0.8 kg
– Dimensions with lid: 33 x 20 x 12 cm
Marmite COOKUP XL :
– Capacity: 3.5L
– Weight: 1 kg
– Dimensions with lid: ø 28 x 14 cm
Infrared thermometer :
– Accuracy: +/-2%.
– Response time: 0.5s
– Resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
– 0~100% battery charge indication
– °C/°F selection knob
– Backlight selection button
– Dual laser targeting
– Available functions: high/low temperature alarm setting, minimum/maximum/average/difference temperature measurements
– Operating temperature: 0°C~50°C / 32°C~122°F
– Storage temperature: -20°C~50°C / -4°C~122°F
– Power supply / duration: 9V / approx. 12h
– Protective cover
• Warranty: 2 years