Solar recipe – Marble cake
Treat yourself to this delicious marble cake recipe that’s sure to delight any sweet tooth! This recipe was suggested by our Solar Sister Francine and was made using a
parabolic solar cooker
. Francine also shares her tips for the best solar cooking recipes.
Recipe suggested by : Francine – Solar oven: parabolic type, SunGlobe – Preparation time: 20 minutes – Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (17cl) caster sugar
- 3 x 17cl cups flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 goblet white wine
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Van Houten-type chocolate powder)
Preparing the marble cake recipe
- Mix the ingredients together except for the chocolate powder.
- Take a cup of this dough and stir in the chocolate powder. Blend.
- In a deep saucepan, alternate a layer of dough without chocolate, then one with chocolate.
- Place in the sun over medium-high heat for 40 minutes, then turn the pan from 190°.
- Leave for a further 40 minutes, then prick the dough with a round-tipped knife to check for doneness.