Solar recipe: roasted eggplant with feta and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
Here’s a recipe made with love and sunshine by our Solar Sister Bénédicte. This recipe for roasted eggplant with feta and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil was prepared using the SunGood 360 multi-cooker solar oven and Suntube cooking tube. Bénédicte is a vegetarian cook and particularly appreciates the fact that solar cooking means you can enjoy your meal without electricity. You can find Bénédicte’s tutorials and new recipes on her Instagram page #lagreenfamily.
Recipe suggested by : Bénédicte – SunGood solar cooker with its Suntube XL cooking tube – Preparation time: 20 mn – Cooking time: 1h
– Dried cherry tomatoes preserved in olive oil
– Olive oil
– Lemon juice
– ZAATAR blend (thyme + golden sesame seeds + sumac)
– Classic or vegan feta
– Fresh herbs (basil or coriander)
Preparation of roasted eggplant with feta and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
– Cut your eggplants in half
– Squares with the tip of a knife
– Mix olive oil + lemon juice + salt and season each eggplant half with a brush.
– Scatter a little ZAATAR mixture (thyme + golden sesame seeds + sumac) on each eggplant.
– Bake in the Solar Brother Suntube for 45 min.
– Season with dried cherry tomatoes preserved in olive oil (see our real recipes).
– Add pieces of classic or vegan feta cheese
– A must: add pieces of stewed fruit (such as figs or plums).
– Season again with the olive oil/lemon/salt mixture.
– Bake for 15 to 25 minutes
– After cooking, scatter freshly chopped herbs such as basil or coriander, depending on your tastes and the plants available.
– Drizzle the remaining juice into the Suntube and serve!
Enjoy your meal!