Sun recipe: Oriental-style peppers stuffed with wheat
Here’s a delicious recipe for Oriental-style peppers stuffed with wheat, tested and approved with the SunGlobe parabolic solar cooker. This recipe is brought to us by our Solar Sister Gaelle! Gaelle has always been a mom with a passion for cooking and, more recently, for solar energy. She is always happy to share her trials and experiences on her Instagram page
- Two large peppers
- An onion
- A handful of almonds + a handful of raisins
- One tablespoon cinnamon, one tablespoon cumin
- Dried mint or coriander
- 75gr wheat
- 75gr freekeh (smoked green wheat)
Preparation of Oriental wheat-stuffed peppers
- Brown the onions with the dried fruit and spices in the bottom of the black pot.
- Add the wheat and cook by absorption for around 20 minutes, adding water when necessary, like a rice pilaf or risotto.
- When the wheat is cooked, stuff the hollowed-out peppers with the mixture, then return them to the pot, standing them upright. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes with a little water until the peppers are melting.
- Serve with salad, grilled meat, fish, chickpea salad…
Enjoy your meal!