Sun recipe: Courgettes and mushrooms in satay sauce
This recipe, made with the Sungood 360 multi-cooker solar oven, is presented to us by our Solar Sister Gaelle! Here’s a tasty recipe for zucchini and mushrooms in satay sauce, tested and approved with the Suntube solar cooking tube and CookUp cooking pot. Gaelle has always been a mom with a passion for cooking and, more recently, for solar energy. She is always happy to share her trials and experiences on her Instagram page
Recipe suggested by : Solliès Cheese – Tubular solar oven, SunGood 360 – Preparation time: 30 mn – Cooking time: 2/4 hours
- 1 large zucchini
- 100 grams fresh button or shiitake mushrooms
- 2 sprigs spring onion
- 1 handful unsalted roasted peanuts (or your choice of pine nuts or cashews)
- 1 tablespoon nuoc mam
- 40cl coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons satay powder
Preparing the zucchinis and mushrooms in satay sauce
- Cut the zucchini, mushrooms and spring onions into large cubes, then place them in the tube or pot of the Sungood. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Mix the coconut milk, nuoc-mam, sesame oil and satay powder in a bowl. If you’re not used to this spice, use less and then adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and place in the oven. Allow 1 to 2 hours for the suntube, 3 to 4 hours for the pot. The gentler the cooking, the longer it can be simmered to allow the vegetables to absorb the flavours.
- Serve with jasmine rice, or rice noodles, and chopped fresh coriander.
Enjoy your meal!