Solar recipe: Peppers stuffed with cheese
This recipe, made with the Sungood 360 multi-cooker solar oven, is presented to us by our Solar Sister Gaelle! Here’s a tasty recipe for cheese-stuffed peppers, tested and approved with the Suntube solar cooking tube. Gaelle has always been a mom with a passion for cooking and, more recently, for solar energy. She’s always happy to share her experiments and experiences on her Instagram page.
Recipe suggested by : Solliès Cheese – Tubular solar oven, SunGood 360 – Preparation time: 20 mn – Cooking time: 45 mn
- Three long peppers (or several small ones, depending on tube size)
- One egg
- Two tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 200 grams of cheese of your choice – perfect for using up leftover cheese in anti-gaspi mode.
- Pepper, paprika, fresh herbs
Preparing the cheese-stuffed peppers
- Mix or chop the cheeses with the egg. I had goat’s cheese, Emmental and blue cheese. Add the breadcrumbs and season with pepper, paprika and fresh herbs.
- Gently slice the peppers lengthwise, remove the seeds and stuff with the mixture.
- Place them in the tube, opening upwards, on a drizzle of olive oil. Bake in direct sunlight for 45 minutes, or longer if you prefer them more melt-in-the-mouth.
Enjoy your meal!