Solar recipe: Pasta with tomato sauce and minced meat
Here’s a delicious recipe for pasta, tomato sauce and minced meat to prepare with your
parabolic solar cooker
! This recipe was suggested by our Solar Sister Francine. Francine shares her tips and tricks for successful solar cooking.
Recipe suggested by : Francine – Solar oven: parabolic type, SunGlobe – Preparation time: 30 minutes – Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500g pork or beef minced meat
- 2 kg tomatoes in sauce
- 1 head garlic
- 4 medium onions
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 125g pasta (dry)
- As tomatoes with sauce are very ripe, they need to be peeled and sliced.
- Mince onions and garlic.
- Place the minced meat at the bottom of the pan, cover with a good layer of tomatoes and scatter over the garlic, onion, thyme and rosemary.
- Then place the pasta on top and cover with the remaining chopped tomatoes.
- Place over medium heat for 45 minutes, turn the pan 180°, then simmer for a further 30 minutes over high heat.
- The pasta will cook in the tomato juice.
- The cooking time depends on the quality of the pasta. For some, the cooking time will be shorter.
- I used good organic pasta made with durum wheat semolina direct from the local farmer-producer.