Solar recipe : Rice with tomato sauce
Here is a recipe for rice with tomato sauce without water to make with your parabolic solar oven ! This recipe is suggested by our Solar Sister Francine. Francine shares her tips and advice on how to make all her recipes with solar cooking a success.
Recipe suggested by : Francine - Solar oven : parabolic type, SunGlobe - Preparation time : 15 mn - Cooking time : 1 hour
- 120g of organic brown rice
- 1,5kg of tomatoes with sauce
- Garlic, onions, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper
Preparation of the recipe
- After finely chopping the garlic and onions, place a layer of coarsely diced tomatoes in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle rice, garlic, onions, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper on top.
- Cover with remaining tomatoes.
- The rice will cook in the tomato juice for 30 minutes in a medium and then high oven.
- After 30 minutes turn the pan to 180°, open and mix.
- Prolong the cooking for about 30 minutes.
The cooking time will be reduced depending on the nature of the rice.