Solar recipe: Rice with tomato sauce
Here’s a recipe for rice with tomatoes in a waterless sauce that you can make with your parabolic solar cooker ! This recipe is brought to us by our Solar Sister Francine. Francine shares her tips and tricks for successful solar cooking.
- 120g organic brown rice
- 1.5kg tomato sauce
- Garlic, onions, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper
- After finely chopping the garlic and onions, place a layer of coarsely diced tomatoes in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with rice, garlic, onions, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining tomatoes.
- Cook the rice in the tomato juice for 30 minutes in a medium-high oven.
- After 30 minutes, turn the pan from 180°, open and stir.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes.
The cooking time will be reduced according to the type of rice.
Share your solar recipes with the Solar Family!
Recipe made with a parabolic solar cooker
Our other solar recipes
Solar recipe: Witch’s stew (Halloween special) Discover this recipe for witch’s stew (Halloween special) tested [...]
Solar recipe: Chili soup with chorizo Discover this recipe for “Chili Soup” with chorizo, tested [...]
Solar recipe: Chinese steamed ravioli This recipe, made with the Sungood 360 multi-cooker solar oven, [...]
Solar recipe: salted zucchini and olive cake This recipe, made with the Sungood 360 multi-cooker [...]
Sun recipe: Stuffed pumpkins with lentils Discover this original recipe for lentil-stuffed pumpkins, tested and [...]
Sun recipe: Rustic butternut and feta tart This recipe is made with the SunGood solar cooker [...]
Sun recipe: Alsace quetsches in compote Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for Alsatian quetsches [...]
Solar recipe: stuffed zucchini as a starter Here’s a delicious recipe for stuffed zucchini appetizers, [...]