Solar recipe: Liquid detergent
Here’s how to make your own eco-friendly liquid detergent with a parabolic solar cooker at an unbeatable price! This recipe is brought to us by our Solar Sister Francine. Francine shares her tips and tricks for successful solar cooking.
- 1 old black saucepan no longer used for cooking because it’s scratched (in my case)
- 1.5 liters of water
- 50g leftover grated soap or commercial soap flakes
- 30g technical baking soda (3€ per kg)
- Bring the water to the boil, add the grated soap, stir and return to the boil for 30 minutes.
- When the soap has dissolved evenly, remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Then add the baking soda, mix and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Then pour into a glass jar (such as Le parfait) with a wide opening so you can ladle or scoop out the detergent.
The detergent will be like jelly and should be placed in the machine’s drum, not in the detergent dispenser.
It’s very economical and environmentally friendly, with no additives or colorants.
The final price of a dose is less than €0.01. Unbeatable.
Share your solar recipes with the Solar Family!
Recipe made with a parabolic solar cooker
Our other solar recipes
Solar recipe: Witch’s stew (Halloween special) Discover this recipe for witch’s stew (Halloween special) tested [...]
Solar recipe: Chili soup with chorizo Discover this recipe for “Chili Soup” with chorizo, tested [...]
Solar recipe: Chinese steamed ravioli This recipe, made with the Sungood 360 multi-cooker solar oven, [...]
Solar recipe: salted zucchini and olive cake This recipe, made with the Sungood 360 multi-cooker [...]
Sun recipe: Stuffed pumpkins with lentils Discover this original recipe for lentil-stuffed pumpkins, tested and [...]
Sun recipe: Rustic butternut and feta tart This recipe is made with the SunGood solar cooker [...]
Sun recipe: Alsace quetsches in compote Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for Alsatian quetsches [...]
Solar recipe: stuffed zucchini as a starter Here’s a delicious recipe for stuffed zucchini appetizers, [...]