Solar recipe: Curry sweet potato chips
Here’s a recipe for curry sweet potato potato chips made with a solar dryer! Unlike potatoes, which are poisonous raw, sweet potatoes can be eaten without cooking, as long as you don’t overdo it. Transformed into potato chips, they are delicious with their sweet notes reminiscent of carrots.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 250 g sweet potatoes
- 1 c. to c. olive oil
- 1 c. to c. curry bombée
- 3 good pinches of salt
Preparing the curry sweet potato chips
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly. Cut into very thin slices (1 mm thick) using a mandolin.
- Place in a salad bowl. Add oil, curry powder and salt. Stir carefully.
- Lay them flat on dehydrator trays. Leave to dry for a day. Once cooled, the chips should be crisp. If not, continue drying the next day.
Tip: store these potato chips in an airtight tin to preserve their crispness.
Enjoy your meal!
Other potato chip recipes
Replace the sweet potato with :
- turnips and season with a mixture of garlic and parsley
- beet, provided they are finely sliced, as they take a long time to dry (at least two days);
- kale leaves to which you have added a little mustard diluted in a little water;
- apples, leaving the skin on to create attractive wavy shapes.
Cooking without gas or electricity
This recipe is taken from the book “Cooking without gas or electricity” by Linda Louis: from the wood stove to the solar oven via the fireplace or even the campfire, the rocket stove, the wood oven, the solar dehydrator , the smoker, the barbecue, the Norwegian pot…Explore alternative cooking techniques without gas or electricity for economical and ecological recipes. Linda Louis is the author of several books that are references in organic, local and wild cuisine. She also explores the themes of food autonomy in the great outdoors and zero waste. She regularly collaborates with the culinary, gardening or ecological press and since 2006 has contributed a blog, Cuisine Campagne (www.cuisine-campagne.com), a portfolio (www.linda-louis.com) and an Instagram account (lindalouisberry) in which she advocates authentic, generous cuisine close to nature and know-how.