Sun recipe: ham and cheese croissants
Here’s a recipe for ham and cheese croissants that’s delicious and easy to make! This recipe was suggested by our Solar Sister Francine and made using a parabolic solar cooker. Francine also shares her tips and tricks for successful solar cooking.
Recipe suggested by : Francine – Solar oven: parabolic type, SunGlobe – Preparation time: 10 minutes – Baking time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 puff pastry
- 4 slices of ham
- Grated Gruyère
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of the ham and cheese croissants recipe
- Preheat the pan in the solar oven for 20 minutes while you prepare the ingredients.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces. Garnish each slice with ham and Gruyère cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up the slices to form small crescents.
- Brush each slice with egg yolk.
- Place the parchment paper in the pan and place the croissants on it.
- Baking takes about 1h30.
The recipe was made with a cold wind, so the cooking time is a little longer.
Turn the pan a quarter turn every 15 minutes and cover with a light cloth to prevent the croissants from burning.