The Norwegian kettle is an insulator that allows cooking to continue without the need for additional energy, using the age-old principle of heat retention: the best dishes are always prepared using old-fashioned methods!
Advantages and features of the Norwegian pot
– Healthy: gentle, slow cooking preserves nutrients
– Economical: reduces gas/wood/electricity consumption by up to 70%.
– Suitable for containers from 1.5 to 6 liters.
– Cooks and keeps food warm for up to 8 hours.
– Unattended operation, no risk of burning.
– No batteries, plugs or fuel are required.
– Lightweight, easy to carry and compact, easy to store.
– You change nothing in the way you prepare your recipe.
– Cook solar during the day and finish cooking in the evening with the Norwegian pot.
– Can also be used as an insulated bag to keep food and drinks cool.
– Bring the saucepan (or stewpot) to the boil on a solar stove or oven.
– Place the dish in the Norwegian pot and close with the lid… The dish cooks “à l’étouffée”.
– Simmer for several hours; the temperature will only drop very slowly (see recommended times below).
– Bring the food to the boil, then simmer for a while before placing the container in the Norwegian pot.
– Place a mat or tea towel between the container and the bottom of the kettle to protect the fabric from burning.
– Use the right size container to keep the temperature hotter for longer.
– Start by experimenting with cooking small pieces of vegetables or meat, then gradually move on to larger pieces once you’ve learned how long it takes to cook food with the Norwegian pot.
Cooking time with a Norwegian pot
|Food||Minimum time on the hob||Minimum time in the Norwegian pot|
|Poultry and bone-in meats||15 – 20 minutes||2 hours|
|Tender, boneless poultry and meats||10 – 15 min.||1 hour|
|Rice and cereal products||5 minutes||45 minutes|
|Pulses (dried beans, lentils, chickpeas)||15 minutes||2 – 3 hours|
|Root vegetables||15 minutes||1 hour|
|Vegetables||5 minutes||1 hour|
– Diameter: ⌀ 45cm
– Useful dimensions: 38cm x 38cm x 20cm.
– Equipped with automatic closing cord
– Composition: Cotton fabric, PU foam insulation
– Capacity: for containers from 1.5 to 6 liters
– Made in South Africa
– 2-year warranty