SUNGOOD® solar cooker
Compact and ultra-light, with a record weight of 950gr, the SUNGOOD® is the traveler’s cooker. It folds up and can be taken anywhere, from your garden to faraway excursions, discover the taste of the sun!
Advantages & features of the solar cooker
- Cooking temperature: 100°C to 120°C
- Power: 380 watts
- Capacity: 2 to 4 people
- Cooking volume: 2.5 L (cooking pot not included but available as part of the SunGood® Pack Plus)
- Gentle cooking: preserves food flavor and micro-nutrients.
- Unattended cooking: enjoy the sun!
- Type of cooking: Reheating, cooking and steaming (vegetables, meat, bread, fish, etc.).
- Cooking time: 30mn to 2h depending on recipe
- Transportable: ultra-light 950gr and foldable
- Can be used anywhere, without smoke or flames: beaches, mountains, gardens, boats (…)
- Quick to assemble or store: 1 minute, no tools required.
- Winter/summer cooking: 2 positions. Operates regardless of outdoor temperature.
- Eco-friendly, sustainable cooking: runs solely on solar energy, lifetime use.
Using the SUNGOOD® solar cooker
SUNGOOD® is a panel solar cooker. The SUNGOOD® uses the principle of concentrated solar energy: the sun’s rays are reflected by the SUNGOOD® mirrors and concentrated on your container, where the heat gradually rises and heats your preparation.
The gradual increase in temperature in the cooking bag ensures gentle cooking, preserving the flavor of the food and conserving micro-nutrients.
What’s the weather like?
It’s essential to have “full sun”, meaning that the shadows of people and objects are drawn on the ground. It has 2 positions: winter/summer, to optimize ray capture according to the season, and operates regardless of the outside temperature. The SUNGOOD® can be used without wind, but in the event of a light breeze, it can be stabilized with sardines (not supplied with the cooker) and/or by placing a weight on the rear wings of the SUNGOOD®.
With a temperature range of 100°C to 120°C, SUNGOOD® can be used for a wide range of applications. delivers gentle cooking that releases the original flavor of food and preserves micro-nutrients. It heats, cooks and steams vegetables, meats, breads, fish, cakes (etc.). For optimal cooking, all food must be cut into pieces and placed in the cooking bag: bread takes around 30 minutes, cakes and vegetables (leeks, potatoes, carrots, etc.) 1 hour, meat and fish 1.5 to 2 hours. SUNGOOD solar cooker® does not toast or boil large quantities of water. To cook rice, use 1 glass of water for 2 glasses of rice.
Where to use it
The SUNGOOD® cooker is foldable and ultra-slim, so it fits into any kind of bag, the back of your bike, your van, etc. Ultra-lightweight, it’s ideal for outdoor outings, picnics, walks, trips and in the garden! It assembles in 1 minute, without tools, and is just as easy to store. As it is powered solely by the sun’s rays, it gives off no smoke or flame, and can be used anywhere: gardens, mountains, beaches, campsites, balconies (etc.). The gentle cooking process means you can go for a swim, play a game of snowshoes or go for a walk, and the food will be ready and waiting for you when you return!
1°/ Unfold the SUNGOOD® and clip the upper and lower parts of the cooker together to form a parabolic shape.
2°/ Assemble the dish rest and place it in the center of the SUNGOOD® cooker.
3°/ Place all your chopped ingredients in the pot* at once, then place the pot in the cooking bag. Place the assembly on the flat rest.
4°/ Face the SUNGOOD® towards the sun. Readjust the cooker every 30min depending on the movement of the sun.
5°/ Remove the pot from the cooking bag (only at the end of cooking, to maintain optimum temperature throughout). Now it’s ready! !
* To know more
– The SUNGOOD® cooker is used with the cooking bag to maintain temperature throughout cooking.
– Use a thin, black or dark-colored baking dish (not white, stainless steel or cast-iron). We recommend the COOKUP kettle available on our website. The SUNGOOD® + COOKUP PACK is also available here.
– SUNGOOD® provides gentle cooking: it is not suitable for grilling or boiling large quantities of water (use 1 glass of water for 2 glasses of rice).
Included in the SUNGOOD® solar cooker
– 8 adhesive mirror reflectors
– A 100% parachute canvas carry bag
– A baking bag (available in packs of 5 here)
– A clip-on table rest
– A solar recipe booklet
Solar cooker technical data
– Product weight : 950 gr / Package weight : 1,5 kg
– Package size: 38 x 28 x 6 cm
– Dimensions of folded product: 34 x 26 x 3 cm
– Dimensions of assembled product: 90 x 58 x 25 cm
– Materials: Recycled polypropylene, S-Reflect mirror film, steel, upcycled nylon
– Warranty: 2 years
– Easy to clean with a damp cloth
– Made in France
– Ref : SG