Solar recipe: Easy steamed rice “just like in the rice cooker
Discover this simple and easy recipe for steamed rice “as if cooked in a rice cooker”, tested and approved with the SunGlobe parabolic solar cooker . This recipe was created by our Solar Sister Gaelle! Gaelle has always been a mom with a passion for cooking and, more recently, for solar energy. She is always happy to share her trials and experiences on her Instagram page
Recipe suggested by : Solliès Cheese –
Parabolic solar oven, SunGlobe
– Preparation time : 5 mn – Cooking time : 20 – 30 mn
- good Asian rice: Japanese round rice, Thai rice, jasmine rice, basmati rice…
Preparing steamed rice
Traditional rice cooking by absorption, in a saucepan or rice cooker, is perfectly suited to solar ovens, and it’s fabulously simple! This is the method I’ve found through trial and error and small adjustments.
- Pour one part water to one part rice into the dish. Then add between half a dose and a dose of extra water, as the solar cooker heats up more slowly than the griddle and some of the water will be absorbed first.
- Heat in a dish oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the quantity of rice.
- When all the water has been absorbed (small holes begin to form on the surface), remove the closed pot from the cooker and leave for a further ten minutes. The residual steam gently completes the cooking process.
- The rice is ready, with the perfect texture for all your creations, no need to rinse or drain!
Enjoy your meal!