Solar recipe: Korean-style mushroom broth
Recipe suggested by : Gaelle – Solar cooker: panel solar oven, Sungood – Preparation time: 30 mn – Cooking time: 3h
Ingredients for the mushroom broth
- 1 large bowl of fresh and dried mushrooms – button mushrooms, Asian mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, shimeji, black mushrooms… found in world grocery stores or organic stores)
- 2 chicken breasts or a block of firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons nuoc-mam
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small handful katsuobushi (dried bonito shavings)
- Nori seaweed flakes
- 1 dehydrated vegetable or poultry stock cube
- Instant ramen noodles or other Asian noodles of your choice
Preparing the mushroom broth
- Place the cubed chicken or chunky tofu, sliced mushrooms and all the stock ingredients in the pot.
- Cover with water and cook for two or three hours.
- Half an hour before the end of cooking time, add two packets of ramen to the broth (without their seasoning sachets, of course) and close to soak.
- Serve piping hot, with kimchi and Korean chili paste if you’re a fan of that kind of heat!