Sun recipe: Endive tatin with goat’s cheese
This recipe, made with the Sungood 360 multi-cooker solar oven, is presented to us by our Solar Sister Gaelle! Here’s a delicious recipe for Tatin d’endives au chèvre, tested and approved with the Suntube solar cooking tube. Gaelle has always been a mom with a passion for cooking and, more recently, for solar energy. She is always happy to share her trials and experiences on her Instagram page
- 3 large endives
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or white sugar)
- 30 grams butter
- a goat’s cheese log
- puff pastry
Preparing the Endive Tatin with Goat’s Cheese
- Sprinkle the bottom of the baking rack with brown sugar to form a beautiful caramelized layer, then place the halved endives on top.
- Crumble the butter over the endives and leave to melt in the tube for half an hour, until the endives are well candied.
- Once the endives are cooked, place slices of goat’s cheese along the length of the dish. Ruffle the puff pastry over the top, cut into appropriately sized strips. There’s still some space above the dish in the tube, so don’t worry about it swelling!
- Bake again for 30 minutes, more or less depending on the day’s weather conditions.
- When the pastry is golden brown, turn out and serve with a green salad.
Enjoy your meal!