Sunchef Pro, the solar oven specially designed for collective cooking, is being rolled out in France
Solar cooking, our passion for the past 20 years, is attracting growing interest in the current context of ecological transition. In fact, solar cooking is a simple and effective cooking method based on the concentration of the sun’s rays to produce heat. Solar cooking thus offers many advantages, the main ones being :
- Eco-friendly cooking: no fuel consumption, so zero waste and no C02 emissions!
- The taste: a delight for the taste buds, without fuel, solar cooking reveals the true taste of food, the taste of the sun!
- Economical cooking: solar cookers are long-lasting, low-maintenance and easy to repair. Above all, solar energy is free and abundant!
- Safety: solar cookers produce no fire or smoke. There are therefore no restrictions on their use for cooking in areas where fires are prohibited: forests, beaches, balconies, etc.
- Autonomy: as soon as the sun shines, you can cook with solar energy, anywhere, in summer or winter. The solar cooker is the ideal replacement or complement to a traditional stove or oven in fine weather.
- Fast cooking: the most efficient solar ovens reach 250°C in 10 minutes, so you can prepare any meal just as you would with a traditional oven.
SunChef Pro solar oven
Solar cooking technology is now mature, and there are many different types of solar cooker to suit everyone’s needs: box-shaped, parabolic, with panels or with a tube. The largest solar ovens can cook for a maximum of 5-6 people, which makes them difficult to use in mass catering. Solar Brother has set out to fill this gap with a high-performance, high-capacity solar oven “made in France”: the SunChef Pro!
With its 1.8 m sensor surface and 36-litre cooking volume, the
can be used to prepare meals for up to 50 people. Using vacuum tube technology, the SunChef Pro works even on cloudy days, reaching temperatures of 250°C. It has 2 stainless steel racks for cooking 2 different preparations simultaneously. What’s more, the SunChef Pro is equipped with a motor for easy adjustment of the oven to its optimum position, and operates completely autonomously thanks to an integrated photovoltaic panel and battery. All the ingredients needed to meet the most demanding requirements of professional caterers and campsites.
SunChef Pro enters the foodservice market
Thanks to its exceptional features and performance, the SunChef Pro has been adopted by many professionals throughout France. Solar cooking brings together enthusiasts of taste, conviviality and nature. Here’s a look at some of the restaurant and tourism professionals who have taken the plunge out of passion and conviction:
The SunChef Pro, a solar oven “made in France
The SunChef Pro is a solar oven produced in France at Carnoules, in the Var region. In October, Solar Brother plans to inaugurate its 600m2 production center to meet growing demand in both the professional and consumer markets.
Acquisition of SunChef Pro facilitated by ADEME grants
ADEME has set up a range of grants for all restaurant and catering businesses to help them make the transition to a greener, more energy-efficient future. Financial assistance of up to €5,000 is available for the purchase of a SunChef Pro solar oven. More than 30 CCIs are mobilized to recruit beneficiary companies and support them through the various stages of the process. To download the list of participating CCIs,