Sun recipe: Apple pie
Here’s a delicious apple pie recipe to make with your
parabolic solar oven
! This recipe was suggested by our Solar Sister Francine. Francine shares her tips and tricks for successful solar cooking.
Recipe suggested by : Francine – Solar oven: parabolic type, SunGlobe – Preparation time: 30 mn – Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 round shortcrust or puff pastry
- 4 apples
- Roll out the pastry with the parchment paper in the 28cm-diameter tart tin.
- Garnish with apple slices. Cover with another pie tin of the same size or with a transparent lid.
- After 30 minutes of baking, turn the mould from 180° and put it back into the medium to high oven for a further 30 minutes.
- If you’re using a glass lid, it’s a good idea to place a light-colored cotton cloth halfway through to prevent the tart from darkening.
- I tried making an apple pie in a deep pan. The result needs to be improved.
- I added a few blackberries, but this wasn’t a good idea as the dark-colored fruit cooks much faster than the others, so there’s a risk of burning before the apples finish cooking. This experience helped me to improve subsequent cookings.