Top 3 recipes with the Sungood solar cooker
In this article you will discover our top 3 recipes to try with our
Sungood solar cooker
The Sungood has the advantage of being an ultra-compact solar cooker that you can easily take anywhere, thanks to its backpack.
Solar recipe #1: Basque chicken
Preparation time: 20 minutes – Cooking time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Tomatoes (x3)
- Peppers (x1)
- Onion (x1)
- Oil (4 tablespoons)
- Chicken breast
- White wine
- Chop the onion and garlic and finely dice the tomatoes and peppers.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in the CookUp pot with the onions, garlic and peppers.
- Cook for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the casserole, season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 min.
- Add the chicken breasts to the vegetables, with a bouquet garni and white wine, and cook for 40min-1h!
Solar recipe #2: Apple fondant cake
Preparation time: 30 minutes – Cooking time: 3 hours
- 1 plain yoghurt
- 120 g sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 2/3 apples
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Pour a pot of plain yoghurt into a salad bowl.
- Then use the jar to add the other ingredients: in the same bowl, pour in the sugar, 1 sachet of vanilla sugar and 2 eggs, then whisk together.
- Add the flour and a sachet of yeast, then whisk again until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon sunflower oil and whisk again. If you wish, you can add 2 tablespoons of rum to the cake, making it even more delicious.
- Then cut 2-3 apples into small pieces. Fold into the homogeneous mixture.
- Butter the bottom and sides of the black pot and pour your mixture into it.
- Leave to cook for 3 hours unattended, and that’s it – your ultra-soft, melt-in-the-mouth apple cake is ready for a snack!
Solar recipe #3: Vegetable chicken
Preparation time: 30 minutes – Cooking time: 3-4 hours
- 2 Onions
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 2/3 potatoes
- Olive oil
- Provence herbs
- Bouquet garni
- Bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cut 2 onions, 1 carrot, 2 tomatoes, 1 zucchini and 2-3 potatoes into small pieces (the smaller they are, the easier they’ll cook!). Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Put everything in the pot with a drizzle of olive oil, and season to taste (herbes de provence, bouquet garni, bay leaves, salt, pepper).
- Simmer in the sun for 3 to 4 hours to ensure even cooking. Open and enjoy!